Costa Rica Travel – The seven wonders of Costa Rica are almost all accessible as day trips from San Jose in the central valley of Costa Rica, though you should stay longer if possible.
It’s great to know that we can see such diversity on an ordinary weekend and there’s no need to take vacation days to have such amazing experiences.
The below are the 7 wonders of Costa Rica according to La Nacion.
- Parque Marino Ballena: This is the place to see whales and dolphins up close.
- Cataratas de La Paz: These waterfalls are just an hour from San Jose.
- Rincón de la Vieja: This volcano has nine craters, one of which is active.
- Manuel Antonio: This is one of the 12 most beautiful national parks worldwide.
- Monteverde: There are more tours here than you can imagine. Hanging bridges, horseback riding, hiking, canopy, frog and butterfly gardens, coffee and cacao plantations and cheese factory tours.
- Tortuguero: You can only access this place through a water maze, which is a tour on its own. Seeing nesting or hatching turtles is a plus.
- Río Celeste: This river is a beautiful color. It’s found within a large, biodiverse wilderness area.